Which Is Best for Me: Glasses Or Contacts?
Do you need new eye wear? Start by making an eye appointment in Pittsburgh,PA. Seeing the eye doctor in Pittsburgh and the surrounding area is the first step to getting your new glasses or contacts. If you’re having a hard time deciding which is best between the two options, here’s what you need to know.
Glasses are usually the default eye wear option for anyone who has just realized they need corrective lenses. Glasses have the benefit of being easy to put on and take off: there’s no challenge in wearing glasses, and no tutorial required.
Although they do change the appearance of your face, contacts provide an opportunity to add style to your personal look. You can choose glasses in whatever color or shape you like. Some other benefits of glasses include:
- Don’t need to be replaced as often. Glasses do not need to be replaced as often as contacts, which saves time and money for the wearer.
- Easy to clean. Glasses are easy to clean with a wipe from a microfiber cloth.
- Reduced risk of infection. Glasses do not require you to touch your eye in order to wear them, which reduces risk of infection.
Contacts can be invisible on your face, so they’re much subtler than glasses. People who don’t like the look of glasses often prefer contacts for themselves. Other benefits of contacts include:
- Won’t affect your field of vision. You’ll never see the edges of your contacts the way you can see the edges of glasses.
- Can change the color of your eyes. Contacts can change your eye color to whatever color you prefer.
- Unaffected by weather. You’ll never have to worry about your contacts fogging up, like glasses do.
Making Your Decision
Want contacts or eye glasses in Pittsburgh? Contact Lappen Eye Care to make an appointment and get started ordering your corrective lenses of choice.